Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Then throw a hissy fit!

In my last post's title I stated Keep calm and stay busy. Today I'd like to clarify that I was just jumping on the "keep calm" bandwagon, because I thought it was cute.  After remaining calm and taking care of whatever just broke or cleaning the vomit off your shirt then it is perfectly acceptable to throw a hissy fit. Vent, yell, cry....just get it out.

 I will be the first to admit that I cry and break down. I think it's healthy to do so every once in a while. Or maybe you aren't that type of person. If so then this need not apply.

Sometimes you just need to vent that your time with your spouse was too short or you haven't gotten an email in a week. Sometimes you just need to cry because your son woke up and ran around the house looking for a "Da-Da" that isn't there. Sometimes you just NEED to breakdown because you MISS him.

I think tears come with the territory of being a military spouse. You are not weak because you cry. You are stronger because the tears mean this lifestyle hasn't made you numb. You still miss him as much as you did the first time he ever left, if not more. I think that means something. So, go right ahead and vent or have an all out Southern hissy fit. I'll be here to listen.



6 comments :

  1. HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!!!!
    Wonderful advice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO SO RIGHT!!!! Any military wife has the right to vent, scream, cry and complain because at the end of the day they are taking care of everything and missing their #1, without their family near by. On top of having a baby/ies who miss their daddy terribly. I am sure you are noticing you start to hurt for 2 instead of one when you go through a deployment with a baby! You know I am always here to vent too. You can totally get through this without too many tears. You are so strong! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand, Ginger! I am most definitely feeling the difference this time around. I hurt for all 3 of us! It kills me that Pablo is missing so much of Liam's early life and that Liam doesn't get to see his Daddy. It's hard, but that's this life. All we can do is make the best of it! Thank you! I love you too! <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the sacrifice you, your hubby and your son are making. I'm sorry you have to be apart. Thanks for the encouragement you bring to other military moms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! Kind words and heartfelt thanks make a difference! :)

      Delete