Thursday, February 23, 2012

I used the last disposable diaper last night! (Cloth Diapers Part One)

There may be 2 or 3 disposable diapers in Liam's diaper bag, but that is it! I'll admit I'm a little nervous. We're going all cloth from now on! We've been using cloth diapers since Liam was 9 weeks (when he could finally fit into them.), but we didn't use them exclusively. We decided not to spend the money on newborn size cloth diapers since he would only be in them for a few weeks, so we used disposable diapers when he was born.  By 9 weeks Liam could actually fit into his cloth diapers and we started using them during the day around the house. If we went out we would use disposables and at night we used disposables

Liam at 2 months loving his cloth diaper!


After buying this last giant box of disposable diapers from Sam's Club my husband and I decided that this was it....no more disposables. After all, why did we buy the cloth to begin with, if we were still going to spend money on disposables? 


 We still haven't made the switch to cloth wipes. We discovered through trial and error that BabyGanics wipes are the only ones that don't give Liam a rash. He got a horrible rash with Huggies Sensitive wipes and even the 7th Generation wipes gave him a little rash. We stumbled upon the BabyGanics wipes and then found them on sale at Babies 'R' Us. We're currently using up the 4th and last box!





After we use these up then it's on to the Diaper Rite Flannel Wipes from Diaper Junction.  I think I'm going to make my own wipe solution, but I haven't thought that far ahead yet. Ha! I have thought about how I'm going to store the cloth wipes. I'm using an old wipe container...why fix what's not broken? It works for disposable wipes and cloth wipes!



That is where we currently stand with cloth diapers. I'm starting from the end and working my way back to the beginning. Tomorrow I'll dive into how we started with cloth diapers in the first place. I'll give you a hint: It has to do with money!




2 comments :

  1. I love your blog!! The pictures are awesome. Love how you are incorporating them into your story each day. Good luck with cloth diapering. I tried...and gave up, sad to say. Hope you do better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So far so good with the cloth diapers, but we're really just getting started. =)

      Delete